Saturday, June 28, 2008

Severe Weather Rolls Through!

We literally just had a severe thunderstorm roll through Appleton.  Mike and I were at the Copper Rock coffee house, doing some house planning.  We were ready to go, and as we were leaving we noticed that the sky was getting pretty dark.  We knew there was a chance for severe thunderstorms to roll through today, but this, my friends, was incredible!  We got home and the storm came through about a half hour later.  We're geeking in the computer room and it starts to rain.  Then it's raining harder, coming down at a slight angle with the wind.  The wind picks up, it starts raining harder, and suddenly I realize that it's not just rain coming down, it's hail!  Yes, hail!  It was about marble size hail!  And let me tell you, I haven't seen hail since I was about 12 or 13, and that was in Colorado.  

Now, the pictures!

During the storm out our picture window in front.


After the storm - I don't think those flowers are going to make it.

Thankfully, my lilac bush looks like it's none worse for the wear.  I wish I could have sound on here so you could hear what it sounded like on our roof!

And - more rain is on the way this afternoon!

~linds



No comments: