Sunday, May 04, 2008

This and that....

I think spring is here. The temps have been slowly but surely warming up.  I do believe Mike and I will be able to get out for bike rides this week!  Hurrah!  We did open the front door and the dining room window today.  And, even though I could not get to sleep last night and got maybe 4.5 or 5 hours of sleep, we rearranged a few pieces of furniture and it's amazing the difference it made!  In the house, we have a lot of built-ins, including a huge one in the bedroom, thus eliminating the need for my dressers which I repainted about 3 years ago.  They look like they could be from Pottery Barn or the like.  So I was a little bummed about that when we moved in, but believe me, I'm not complaining!  Anyway, we had originally decided to use the taller, 4 drawer dresser to hold our dvds and movies, while the longer, shorter, 6 drawer one could be used in the dining room as a buffet or something.  The tv was sitting on a small unit I got from a gal I used to work with, and Bonk (my parakeet) was on something I got dumpster diving, a fave hobby of mine.  I had the idea to switch a few pieces around:  the long dresser would now serve as the "entertainment unit" if you will, with the tv, dvd player and DVR units on top and the movies in the drawers.  The tall dresser that had formerly housed the movies would be moved into the kitchen to serve as......well, I'm not sure what, but whatever.  The old entertainment unit was moved to the corner where the tall dresser was, Bonk was moved to that, and his old table was moved in front of the window with a few of my model horses and our iPod Hi-Fi sitting on it.  Move a couple pieces of art around and voila!  The living room looks completely different and completely put together!  I'll have to take a couple of pictures when I get the little things picked up and post them.  I couldn't believe the difference moving a few pieces around made!

In other news...... I'll probably be going to Philadelphia over my birthday next week - hurrah.  Please note the gigantic amount of sarcasm with that exclamation.  More on that as I get details - yeah, I don't know much about that yet.  On the plus side, my birthday is next Tuesday!  Yay!!!  There really isn't a whole lot else going on.  

Any questions?  Post them or email me!  In the meantime, I think I'm going to get into bed a little early to make up for the severe lack of sleep from last night.  Here's hoping for a good 7 or 8 hours of sleep!

~linds

No comments: